Can your brand become a conversation brand
Do the usage figures or general expectations of consumers stack up against Conversational Commerce. Is this all hot air or are we onto something here….
Let’s do it.
Big facts for marketers who like numbers
- People worldwide will send 8.3 trillion text messages in just this year alone. That’s almost 23 billion messages per day, or almost 16 million messages per minute. (Portio Research)
- The average Millennial exchanges an average of 67 text messages per day (Business Insider)
- 79% of companies believe customers want SMS/text support. (ICMI)
- 80% of professionals currently use text for business purposes. (RingCentral)
- 65% of website traffic in January 2016 was via mobile (Emarketer)
- 900 million active users on WhatsApp, 800 million on Facebook Messenger, 860 million on QQ mobile, 650 million on WeChat, and 300 million on Skype (Statista)
- Over 2.5 billion people have at least one messaging app installed (Economist)
- WhatsApp users average nearly 200 minutes each week using the service (Business Insider)
- 51 percent of people say a business needs to be available 24/7 (Ubisend)
- 63% of consumers are more likely to message a brand today more so than two years ago (Facebook)
- 11,000 chat bots have been added to Facebook messenger (Venturebeat)
- The Wit AI community now boasts 21,500 active developers (Wit AI)
- Messaging app user penetration is projected to exceed 68% by 2019. (Emarketer)
- Bot proliferation began in early 2016, within 6 months each of the major tech platforms had launched a bot platform (Activate)
- 50 use cases brands should be able to draw inspiration from on the possibilities of a chat bot (Exponea)
- By the end of this year there will be an estimated 2 billion smartphone users (Emarketer)
- 70% of mobile searchers have used click to call to connect with a business directly from the search engine results page. (Google)
- 61% find it extremely important to be able to call a business when making a purchase. (Google)
- Mobile search alone will drive 73 billion calls per year by 2018 (BIA Kelsey)
- An estimated £13 billion in internet related revenue is conducted over calls (Vodafone)
The conversation is becoming more integrated and a seamless part of our lives
The way we interact with brands has forever changed since the smartphone and with the growing usage of mobile messaging applications and an entire generation of mobile-native consumers who are comfortable and fluent with messaging as an interaction. Text and voice interactions with brands are only going to grow and expand across interfaces that will be expected to either be served by a human or an AI that is nearly indistinguishable from a human.
Our vision is to place marketers at the centre of every customer conversation and give them the power to improve experiences on a global scale.